At Calvary Chapel, the sound system ministry is very important. While it is good to teach at church, through the sound ministry only God knows just how far His Word can reach. The sound ministry is our best way of “being witnesses to Him in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8) CDs of our Bible studies are sent throughout the United States, Africa, Ireland, Italy, and Switzerland.
Because of the importance of the sound ministry, each person who is going to be a part of this ministry needs to:
1. Be faithful (1 Cor. 4:2). You need to be available for scheduled and non-scheduled music practices, pre-service practices also.
2. Have a working knowledge of all components in the sound ministry, including the procedures on how the audio/video taping of the services work.
3. Possess the ability to troubleshoot the most common problems concerning the sound system when they arise. We understand this may take some time to learn in most cases, on the job training will be necessary depending on your skill level. This is another reason why you need to be available for scheduled and non-scheduled practices, including pre-service practices.
4. You must be able to work well with the Worship Leader and overseer of the ministry. No skill level can take the place of a humble heart (Psalm 51:17)
5. Minimum of three months in attendance at Calvary Chapel Solano.
6. Be on time. The sound system must be ready for practices by 8:00 am on Sunday morning and 4:30 pm on Sunday evening.
7. Make sure you have sufficient DVDs and CDs in stock.
If you are unable to attend a service for which you are scheduled to operate the sound system, call the Worship Leader ahead of time so that other arrangements can be made.
Only people working or learning the sound system are to be in the sound booth during services. Because our sound ministry is very complex and can easily be damaged or the controls rearranged, only authorized people are allowed in the sound booth.
If you’re interested in serving, please stop by the church office and pick up a Ministry Information Sheet.